You will not be able to view DA Minutes – 12/2014, unless you are logged-in.
PLEASE NOTE: This message is sent via rih.org email so that all members have the information today. However, if you have comments or questions, please use our home emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
DT: January 8, 2015
TO: All RIHEA Members
FR: RIHEA Negotiations Team-John, Elliot, Emmy, Gary, JP, Cherylin, Barbara
RE General Membership Meetings
The RIHEA Negotiations Team has scheduled two General Membership Meetings in order to present, discuss, review, and, subsequently, vote on the proposed salary guides for all units (teachers, supplemental teachers, administrative assistants, technical assistants, instructional aides, security, custodians, maintenance, grounds).
MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2015 at 2:15 pm in the Ramapo Auditorium
MONDAY, JANUARY 26, 2015 at 3:00 pm in the Indian Hills Auditorium
MONDAY, JANUARY 19 MEETING:
1. The Superintendent is permitting the entire membership to attend this meeting at 2:15 pm at Ramapo, following the Professional Day program for teachers from 1-2 pm. That means ALL unit members who wish to attend this meeting can do so.
2. The purpose of this meeting is to distribute copies of the proposed salary guides to all members, to discuss and explain these guides, and to address any questions on these guides.
3. Members will then have the following week to examine the guides and ask members of the team any questions they have.
4. John Gaccione will be available at Ramapo and will schedule an afternoon at Indian Hills to answer any questions during the week of January 19. More information on this to follow.
*5. For those of you who want the guides before the January 19 meeting, that is simply not possible. We need time to get the finalized copies of the documents from our NJEA salary guide person, Sarah Favinger, and from the School Boards salary guide person, Patrick Duncan, who are working together to reformat the documents for seven different units. That takes time, and we ask you to understand that formatting in a fashion that everyone will be able to read and understand takes time. NO VOTE WILL BE TAKEN ON THE 19th.
6. Anyone not present at the meeting on the 19th will be able to pick up the material on Tuesday, January 20 from any member of the RIHEA Negotiations Team.
7. The January 19th meeting is INFORMATIONAL ONLY.
MONDAY, JANUARY 26 MEETING:
1. All unit members are also able to attend this meeting at 3:00 pm at Indian Hills.
2. The purpose of this meeting is to entertain any remaining questions or concerns about the guides and then to vote on ratification of those guides.
3. By the RIHEA Constitution, there is no provision for absentee ballots; therefore, members MUST BE PRESENT to vote.
4. Anyone who wishes the vote to be by secret ballot must present that request according to the terms of our RIHEA Constitution. Our Parliamentarian will be available to outline those terms.
5. However, we will be prepared with a voting list.
The RIHEA Negotiations Team wishes to thank all members for their patience in this process. We believe we have done the best job that we could do for our members and we hope you will be able to support those efforts.
An interesting look into NJ Teacher Salaries.
Please check out the latest IHHS TASC Minutes 12/2014.
*You must be logged in in order to view the minutes.
You must log-in, in order to view the minutes.